I am excited to introduce you to Mo Isom, former LSU soccer player turned author/speaker who gives new meaning to the world bold. Mo’s book: Wreck my Life, Journeying from Broken to Bold is the first book in G3’s Book Nook category and WOW! What a great way to get started.
Who is this book for?
- Anyone who has ever lost themselves
- OR lost someone significant to suicide
- OR is searching for their purpose
- Anyone who has struggled with their demons
- Or grappled with their faith
- It’s for soccer stars
- And any kind of athlete really
- Someone who has felt lost in their journey
- Or was reluctant to completely surrender their will
- Or felt timid in their faith
- Maybe anxious they don’t have what it takes
- Or have too much of what it takes
- Anyone who wishes to live a truly free life and love God wholeheartedly.
Basically, Mo’s book is for anyone with a heart beat.
What I love about her is that she is relentlessly honest. She opens herself up for all the world to see in a way that is both empowering and healing for the reader.
She makes it easy for us to see ourselves in her story. She guides us through her complicated and sometimes devastating journey like it’s a road map that she breezed through. But that’s just a testament to her soulful writing.
Hope and love are laced throughout and we don’t have to worry about getting preached at or talked down to.
I don’t want to give too much away because I know you can benefit from this book, but I will give you one of my favorite quotes that I feel anyone can relate too:
“The success was not in the outcome but in the steps of faith it took to complete the journey.”
Those words and her real-life tale, made me feel something and question a few things on my own faith journey. And isn’t that what we all need a little more of on our book shelf and in our lives?